I'm so close to the end of the semester that I can taste it. Sadly, I looked over my reading for Hoffman's class (I have the paper due this week) and my good mood evaporated. So much reading. I want to cry. Plus, I'm currently struggling through Culture of the Baroque: Analysis of a Historical Structure and I'm finding it incredibly difficult. It reminds me of my reading for LCST 301.
An example sentence from said book, chosen at random: "Although it remains indispensable to consider external characteristics, specific morphological data, which are undoubtedly important, we cannot limit ourselves to these data nor can we assume that explaining their raison d'etre will allow us to understand what the baroque represented in European and particularly Spanish culture (pg. 207)."
Furthermore, my house just feels unclean. I'm trying to make it clean, but the downstairs feels messy and I don't have time to go to the grocery store, and my study is cluttered, and I need to do laundry and I have so much reading to do. Bah.
Good news though! We got tickets to see A Streetcar Named Desire at the Kennedy Center this weekend, so I'm going home for Friday and Saturday. Hopefully I can get some good reading done at home. I also got my dress for Kristi's wedding! It's a silver-gray paisley fabric with cream lace. It's called a "Christine Dress" named after Christine Daae from Phantom of the Opera, so guess what's been playing in my car recently?
Also, I found out that Maud Hart Lovelace, the author of my wonderful Betsy-Tacy books, wrote a historical novel entitled The Charming Sally about the Hallam theater troupe in colonial America!!!! There's even a chapter called "Williamsburg." OMG! A fictionalized version of my thesis by a woman I adore!!! I really feel like this is God endorsing my thesis idea.
And, my mom is in town, so she took me to Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning, which was lovely. I had eggs, biscuits with apple butter, bacon, hashbrowns, hot chocolate, and got to see all of their Christmas-y goodness. Over Thanksgiving break I am planning to buy stockings and decorations for me and Stephen. :)
I've heard great things about Street Car. Let me know how it goes.
ReplyDeletethe other day in class we were discussing a case about cracker barrel and no one from MN had any idea what it was about. hilarious.
ReplyDeletealso i always just assume you know who i am
Haha yes, Dana, I know who you are. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Andrew, I will let you know!
Ohhh my god apple butter <3
ReplyDelete