Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Phantom Tollbooth

I'm currently at the Reves Center. I've been processing evaluations from Summer Study Abroad programs for the last two hours, and I just can't take it anymore. Especially not the Florence ones. I really don't think anyone here would understand why processing Florence evaluations is so emotionally taxing for me, especially considering that I really did not care for my study abroad experience there. So, why does reading about Chianti make me tear up? Why does a flood of memories come rushing back that actually make me care? Well, I think we can all surmise the reason for that.

But anyways, I'm bored with life. I ironed out the complications of a few days ago, and now... there's nothing to do. I mean, there's plenty. I have a book review to write by tomorrow, several books to read by Monday for Hoffman, and a prospectus and annotated bibliography due for Professor Homza by Monday. Luckily I got the reading done for Spain class yesterday. But those things aren't life-- those things are school. And while I am getting some enjoyment from them, I want something exciting to happen! I want a (non-harmful to anyone I know or love) mystery to solve! I want plane tickets to Europe or Asia or Africa!

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!

So I think I will pretend that when I get home in half an hour I will find a mysterious package waiting outside my door with no return address. It will have a sign that says, "For Abigail, Who Is Bored With Life." I will open it and find inside a mysterious tollbooth that I can easily set-up. And then... adventure will be begin!

2 comments:

  1. This is why we need to plan our trip. I have an audition today, which may effect my December/January schedule, but if it doesn't, then we have even more time in which to head for the hills!

    And we totally should. I am looking forward to this trip like whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely approve of plane tickets to Africa.
    Once you get there backpackers are LITERALLY $15-20 a night for a bunk bed.
    Food is SO cheap.
    June 3- June 9 or July 10 - 20.
    Those are the weeks I am there without class.
    Think about it.
    You only live once and Uncle Sam likes to give money to students.

    ReplyDelete