Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

But oh, those summer nights

Williamsburg and Staunton and D.C. form nearly a perfect equilateral triangle which I find myself traveling more and more. From Williamsburg to Staunton, to see Callie and Katie on Saturday, and the YCTC shows on Sunday while Zan and Mike filmed. Then a summer supper, eaten by the pool as the sun set, and later a fireworks show that caught us completely by surprise while the faint sounds of bluegrass music could be heard from the house. And for once, for just a second, I felt like I had hold of the moment. I was living right in the present, my mind completely focused on the fireworks and the summer air and the dogs barking and the bugs biting my legs and holding Zan's hand. I didn't think of my thesis, or how I wanted/needed to find a creative streak, or anything at all but how odd it is that human's are fascinated by sparkling light, and for most of the time I wasn't even thinking of that just that I love being alive and we live in such a wonderful world, don't we?

Then today to D.C., because I have a minor outpatient surgery tomorrow to remove a cyst on my back (whoo fun!) and my doctor is here not Williamsburg. But that's ok, because if I hadn't come here I wouldn't have bought myself small canvases and acrylic paints and realized that I have a thousand ideas and need to buy more canvas. I now have an amazingly good DSLR camera and a head full of ideas for painting. My images are back, now I just need my words.

EDIT: I officially changed the URL. It deleted all of the comments on my posts, but no worries I saved them to my hard drive so I'll never forget them. :)

EDIT 2: I think the comments are back!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah how long are you in town? I'm leaving for the beach until Monday night but Tuesday I'm around! I hope your cyst isn't bad but you should rest and hang out while to recover, yknow ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award to share with you. Please visit my latest post.
    http://www.paisleysandsugar.com/2010/07/sugar-doll.html

    =)

    ReplyDelete