Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Let the beauty we love be what we do

My new Canon Rebel T1i and I are at the beginning of a long, close relationship. I've read the instruction manual, I've relearned what I knew from photography class in high school, and I am beginning to re-understand f-stops and aperture, and shutter speeds. I'm learning about each of the different settings on my new camera; I can shoot in black and white, portrait, landscape, and continuously; I can manually change the focus and the f-stop and the shutter speed. I'm beginning to understand the concept of ISO.

I'm not perfect yet, might not ever be, and digital is actually quite different from film (which is how I learned, back in photography class). I miss my dark room, and my chemical trays, and my little box for developing film but... But I like it. I like like it. Canon Rebel T1i and I are falling in love, I daresay. It responds so beautifully and takes such wonderful pictures, such wonderful quality. Here are a few that I've taken so far.





I'm also quite enamored with my acrylic paints: I painted three pictures in a day and a half, although only one really took much time. And I plan to continue! I have six canvases left to fill and ideas abound!

Now if only I could make myself concentrate on my thesis...

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love that picture of Zan. =)

    ReplyDelete