The Winter's Tale has started! Monday everyone met, Tuesday we had the Renaissance run, Wednesday we had the photo shoot (and my mom came to visit!), and today we're doing tablework. What a whirlwind! I really like the new touring troupe. Everyone seems really nice and supportive of each other. And the Ren run was fantastic, which I think bodes well. And I saw Hamlet again last night. Guh. So beautiful.
The only problem with being so close to the rehearsal process is that it's making me miss being in the plays. I haven't wanted to act professionally for years, but being here makes me really long to learn lines, to become engrossed in someone else's life, to perform. To put on pretty costumes. And all of the music at the ASC also makes me miss singing. Sigh. I wonder, if I could do things again, would I try a different path? What might I have done and what might I do? I've been thinking too much lately, of what is and of what could be.
Absi, I've been withholding this information from you for a long time, but I guess now I should just let you know. I'm a time traveler. In the dystopian future from which I hail you took a different path as a young woman (can't tell you what or I would open up some space-time paradox issues) and the world sees nothing but misery for the next thousand years. I went sent back to make sure you did exactly what you are doing now, because in the year 2036 this path puts you in the right place at the right time to save the universe. Can't tell you how- paradoxes and all. I've said too much already.
ReplyDeleteMike, would it destroy the future if she found some really good community theatre to do? Because that seems like it's still an option!
ReplyDeleteAbigail, if you haven't already run across it, you might check out a book by Julia Cameron called "The Artist's Way" -- especially the part about "shadow artists."
ReplyDeleteJust a though.
Thanks for the post.
H. K.