The past two days have been just the thing to pull up my low spirits. On Friday we had our Hamlet dress and it rocked. Oh. My. Goodness. I was so proud of everyone and wish I had had more to do with the fantastic outcome. If anyone is in the Staunton area during the next few months, I highly recommend this show. Even having only worked on it as an assistant dramaturg, I left the playhouse with a kind of giddy high: I helped with this! After the show, I came home for dinner, chilled for awhile, and at 10:00 or so my roommate, Alicia, and I watched a lot of Pride and Prejudice, and yes, ate ice cream. We didn't quite finish it (we started mid-second-disc), but at 1:00 AM we decided it might be time for bed. Just the thing to lift the spirits!
The next morning I woke up early, made tea, and read Sense and Sensibility out on the porch. At around 11:00, Alicia and I headed to the farmers market. Then I started my drive to Charlottesville to hang out with Grace, and my cousin Josh called me! We ended up talking for probably half an hour and it was wonderful. Nothing like the best cousin in the world to cheer one up! Once in Cville, Grace and I went to Anthropologie and even though I told myself I wouldn't buy anything... I ended up with a pair of linen pants (on sale!) and a really, really nice tailored hooded jacket, which I think will be perfect to wear in Seattle. After parting ways with Grace, I came home to dinner with Alicia and Lauren (another intern), then spent the evening at Mockingbird with the Petersson/Gillies' to hear Zach open for David Wilcox... and to hear David Wilcox, of course. I had never been to Mockingbird, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the music of Zach and David Wilcox, because chill concerts involving a guy playing guitar really make me happy. Hanging out listening to people play music is the best.
On the docket today: ACSTC camp shows, Hamlet preview!
So glad you're feeling in better spirits. Ice cream and movies really are some of the best things around to do that!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all your work, it sounds pretty full on!
Maybe later this month we can see a show together. =) Glad you're feeling cheered up!
ReplyDelete