So after a terrible start, I've decided to make November amazing. Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments-- I really appreciate them. I'm thinking I might start a count-down calendar for real :). Here's a cute picture of a piglet to thank you and to cheer you all up after the depressingness of my last post.
So how did I spruce up the rest of the week? Well, on Wednesday I wore a new non-neon lime green sweater. I felt so pretty and warm and happy. Turns out it was a good thing I wore a sweater-- the air grew incredibly cold and had that nip in it that felt like snow. It didn't snow, of course (it rarely does in Seattle), but I loved having that little hint of winter coming just as the world begins to prepare for the holidays. Call me crazy, but I'm already excited for the Christmas season. Less than a month until Thanksgiving and then I can start decorating and listening to Christmas music! Plus, Thanksgiving itself promises to be wonderful!
Then yesterday in my sections I got to continue teaching Hamlet, and I think I saw my students start to appreciate some of the really cool parts of it-- like how Hamlet might purposefully switch swords with Laertes in the final fight, how Gertrude might have killed Ophelia, and how there's basically no wrong way to interpret the play. I think it's so liberating to realize that none of your answers can be wrong-- well, some of them can-- but if you can support a claim with the text, you can interpret the action in nearly any way. They also began their acting scenes, and I saw seven wonderfully acted scenes. I have some pretty great students, overall.
After classes, Kris and I went to see a newly devised play, and it was an incredibly fun and entertaining night, perhaps not in the way the actors intended, but I quite enjoyed myself. I'll never forget it, that's for certain :). I feel about it a bit how Laura Elizabeth tends to feel about many of her Blu-Ray Tuesday movies.
And today it's Friday! I'm going to go to the grocery store, finish reading about Charlotte Charke, and do my best to have at least a little time to take it easy!
(Not sure where the photo is from, I've had it on my computer for awhile)

Woo! Shout out!!!! Haha, maybe you should start "Play Tuesdays"??
ReplyDeleteI've seen that picture before but with the caption "You eat bacon???". So cute, it puts you right off bacon... for about five seconds. It's too tasty.
It's the worst feeling down and out. SO happy to hear you are feeling better and more upbeat.
None of the answers can be wrong.... you should teach law school!
ReplyDeleteI'm also excited about Christmas - it always comes and goes so quickly!
ReplyDeletePiglets ARE the best! I hope that you had a nice relaxing weekend:)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're enjoying your students; I bet they're enjoying having someone so enthusiastic teaching them too!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I think the only present you really need is a teacup pig. Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever.
ps Keep an eye on your mail. =)
Watch out. It's gonna snow this year :)
ReplyDeleteSigns, omens, portents. All point to this.
I can't wait!