I've had a very busy "four-day" weekend-- from teaching section on Thursday to researching/writing a paper on Friday and Saturday, I haven't had much time to relax. Nor have I felt particularly lighthearted, despite the fact that now my cable works so during my meal breaks I get to watch NCIS and see holiday commercials (I love holiday commercials!).
But this morning something happened that has never happened before: I woke up laughing. I laughed so hard I literally woke myself up. I remember the dream, too-- I was at McDonald's with a few of my best friends to get an apple pie. For some reason, I sat at a table near theirs instead of with them, but facing so I could talk to them. Suddenly my phone popped up with a message: "Look behind you!" I warily turned around, but nothing was there. Then we realized that my phone had gotten a signal from my friend's phone and based on the table placement thought she was "behind" me and was letting me know that I had friends nearby. We got a case of the giggles. Then one of my other friends opened her fortune cookie (yes, I know we were at McDonald's, but this is a dream so anything can happen), and it said, "Have fun at your Bar Mitzvah!" which combined with the phone thing set us off into even more giggles.
Then I woke up laughing!!! It felt nice. I wish more days started with laughter. :) And I wish I could see my friends more often than in my dreams.

I've never had that happen! Aw, I hope you stayed happy for the rest of the day. And don't forget to enjoy your Bar Mitzvah!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh we look so young!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're cheering up a bit!
ReplyDeleteShakespeare's Pizza before we moved or when you went back to visit?
ReplyDelete