Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Heiroglyphs, Salted Caramels

I really need to get better about remembering to take pictures.  I only have one to share with you today, but in the past few days I've gotten to do some wonderful things, primarily involving eating.  On Sunday night, my parents, Zan, and I finally went to Toulouse Petit, a restaurant I've wanted to eat at for months.  We had real, authentic-tasting chicken gumbo, French onion soup, and scallops and risotto.  We were too full for dessert, but the buttermilk beignets were calling (maybe for breakfast later this week?).  I got to wear my new dress with a pair of red heels, and it felt so nice to go out dressed up!  It was my dad's last night in town, so it was fun to go all out.

Monday was lazy (naps, sitting on the balcony, dinner at Smith), but yesterday my mom, Zan, and I played tourist!  The King Tut exhibit is touring in Seattle for the next few months, so we got tickets!  I've always wanted to see the King Tut stuff, so I was thrilled.  The exhibit was really cool-- so many beautiful artifacts!  I have a couple of pictures, but they were taken with my phone so they aren't super great.  Here's the best one:


Then we walked along the Seattle waterfront, visited the Old Curiosity Shop, and had dinner at Purple Wine Bar.  Such a cool place-- you can't beat a giant floor to ceiling wine column.  I had a white wine flight with French wines, baked goat cheese, a chicken sandwich.  Zan had a great steak/risotto plate.  We ended with some lovely small salted caramels-- I've never enjoyed a salted caramel so much in my life.  Amazing.  Seattle can be kind of fun when you're getting to see ancient Egyptian artifacts and drink nice wines...

Unfortunately, the weather still sucks.  Rainy and 54 degrees today.  Come on, June!

2 comments:

  1. I love red heels so much. Daring. A girl in red heels seems to say "Yeah, I know I can pull this off."

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude! We went to Toulouse tonight - FINALLY! They've been on my "EAT!" list for 8 or 9 years. AMAZING dinner.

    It'll warm up after the 4th - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete