Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Music and Dinosaurs

The past couple of nights have been so lively compared to my nights during the school year!  On Tuesday, Zan and I went to a Laura Marling concert!  For those of you who have not listened to Laura Marling's music, check it out.  Seriously.  If you like Mumford and Sons, you will like Laura Marling (I potentially like her even MORE than Mumford and Sons).  I especially recommend "Hope in the Air," "Ghosts," "Rambling Man," "Sophia," "All My Rage," and "Night After Night."  (You can look them all up on YouTube and I highly recommend that you do-- for some reason a few of the music videos themselves are no longer available to viewers in the USA, but you can still hear the songs.  Then buy the albums!)  Really, all of her songs are amazing.  We got to stand right up at the front of the stage during the gig!  She was only a few feet away from me!  She's so beautiful and wonderful.  Her music has absolutely changed my life.  Lovely, lovely concert. 

(Laura Marling; photo found here)

Then last night, Zan and I hosted our first party together!  We're like real people!  We have an apartment, cats, host parties!  It was a Jurassic Park party.  We invited over a few of our friends who had expressed an interest in seeing the film again, and buckled in for a wild T-Rex/velociraptor-filled evening.  We made green Jell-o (because of the shaking green Jell-o that the girl holds at the end for like, two seconds), bacon-wrapped dates (called "Dino... droppings, droppings?), mushroom bites (called Dodgson's Dots), Where's the Goat? Cheese with honey and cranberries, and eggplant parmesan bites (called Dinosaur Eggs).  I even made little placards for each one with dinosaur stickers on them.  Zan put out his Barbasol cans.  Very themed.  And, um-- we watched JURASSIC PARK!  SO GOOD.

(Food labels for our Jurassic Park party)

And today was even fun!  Liz and I spent some time in the bookstore, then went to Smith for some champagne cocktails and crab fritters.  I love summer!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you got to see Laura Marling. She is amazing! Also, Smith! Enjoyed that sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sophisticated sounding party with your adorably themed food! So adult!

    ReplyDelete