Last night I hosted the 5th Annual Halloweentown Party. A different cast of characters showed up to witness this spectacular event, but in general it was much like last year's Halloweentown Party. We gathered with a bowl of popcorn, a chocolate-caramel pecan pie (made by Zan), chips and dips, wine, pumpkin ale, and spiked apple cider for the best-worst movie of the season!
It was a fitting send-off for our couch, which went the way of a Craigslist buyer this morning. We have so little furniture left in the main room now-- the couch and endtables, chair, and both bookcases have been sold and taken away. Our books and DVD cases are boxed up in the office.
So the 5th Annual Halloweentown party served as the last gathering in our little apartment which has been so full of memories. And this was such a happy gathering! Last night brought home how much I will miss my friends here in Seattle. How odd that in only a week and a half I'll be driving back to Virginia to start a new chapter of my life. But, I'm excited to begin that chapter. I hope I'm back in time to start it with brightly colored leaves on Duke of Gloucester Street and apple cider and gingerbread under the bluest of autumn skies.
The leaves here at home are just starting to turn, but I can't guarantee the trees will still be beautiful in two weeks. I can guarantee apple cider and gingerbread! And stew!
ReplyDelete