Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Late Nights in Seattle...

The countdown to moving back East may have started, but I'm still on the West Coast and living it up!  The past weekend was a whirlwind!  On Saturday, Zan and I went to a concert by The xx at the Paramount in Seattle.  The xx are a fantastic British band that I discovered a couple of years back when BBC Radio 1 had Billie Piper playing her top favorite songs-- "Crystalised" was played and I fell in love.  So for my birthday a couple months back, Zan got me concert tickets!

We started the evening at Pies and Pints with a couple of pints, but no pies.  We opted for Welsh pretzels and fish 'n chips instead.  We arrived at the venue just as the doors opened and it was gorgeous.  The Paramount is really a Broadway-style theater, just lovely-- and completely sold out.  There was kind of a weak opening act at 8:00, followed by the amazing-ness that was The xx.  Lights, fog, lasers, their outstanding music!  Really spectacular.  A perfect birthday present.  And that would have been all-- a great night at a concert, heading home, sleeping... except that after our late night at the concert we had to wake up at 3:45 AM to drive to the airport for a 6:00 AM flight to Los Angeles!

Originally we decided to stay up all night, but that failed so we "took a nap."  I got about two and a half hours of sleep.  Then it was up at 3:45, dressing, throwing last minute toiletries into the suitcase, and at 4:00 AM our wonderful neighbor Dan arrived to drive us to the airport!!!  We were there so early that even the Seattle's Best Coffee in our terminal was still closed... uggghhh.  But right on schedule we were on a flight to LAX... for a week in L.A. with Zan's sister and her fiance! 

To be continued... :)

2 comments:

  1. holy cow - sounds like a crazy fun time (and i would die starting a vacation on that much sleep - props to you :) where back east are you moving?
    love,
    elisabeth
    lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never understand why coffee places at airports are not open all night. It just seems cruel.

    Sounds like an amazing concert! What an awesome present. =)

    ReplyDelete