Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Week from Today

A week from today the moving truck arrives to collect our bedroom set, our TV and the TV stand that Zan put together when he was visiting a year ago, our kitchen supplies, and our desks.  Then begins the drive back.  It's a cold, rainy Seattle day and I'm happily existing inside with homemade lemon muffins and beef stew and two warm kitties curled up next to me on the quilt we've spread on the floor where the couch used to be.  Later I'll need to make a Target run to get those said kitties carriers for the drive home.  In one week, I'll be leaving this apartment forever.  Hard to believe.

Last night, Zan and I got to see Megan's boyfriend, Chris!  This was the first time I've gotten to really hang out with him, though I met him briefly about a year and a half ago.  He's delightful!  He was visiting Seattle for a conference-- perfect timing, since we're leaving so soon!  We picked him up in Capital Hill when his conference was over and the three of us had dinner and drinks at Smith, then stopped in at a coffee shop in Belltown called Bedlam.  The place had a plethora of board games, and we picked the Titanic one because it looked so awful and irreverent.  We didn't actually play it, more just gawked at it and read the spaces ("Lose Your Life Vest," "Ask A Steward Why the Ship Stopped, Pay $50," "Left Family at Bridge, Lose a Turn").  Very terrible.  The point of the game was to gossip/buy your way into first class and onto a life boat before the ship sank.  The worst that could happen was ending up in steerage.  We're assuming this game didn't sell very well.  (There are pictures: when I get them I'll post them.)

Then we had such a wonderful talk about academia and theater.  It was really nice and it made me feel more excited about finishing up my applications (really, trying to write personal statements is the worst).  At around 9:45 we bid Chris adieu at the Cinemascope and he gave us a lovely bar of olive oil/lemongrass soap. I hope I get to see him and Megan again very soon!

And in just a week... everything ends so that everything can begin.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great game. I don't see a problem with it at all. Can't wait to have you back over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to hang out!!! Also, I feel this is a game our group of friends could really mock to an impressive degree.

    ReplyDelete