What I'm trying to say is, I got behind in posting because I was too afraid to turn on my computer. So I will simply give you a list of highlights from this Disney trip:
- Spending an evening with our family friends the Ghiglieri's. We walked around Epcot and got chips, salsa, and tequila in La Cava de Tequila. Then we had an amazing steak dinner with some to-die-for potatoes au gratin. Mostly though, I just love being with people who love me as much as I love them, talking and laughing like family.
- Watching Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye from the Toy Story films dance to Gangnam Style at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in general. It "snows" on Main Street U.S.A, there are special Holiday Wishes fireworks, and a Disney Christmas Parade. I just love the decorations in the Magic Kingdom at this time of year.
- New Fantasyland! Loved "Enchanted Storytime with Belle" (though it was geared towards younger visitors), the Be Our Guest restaurant had amazing food and great ambiance, the Little Mermaid ride is gorgeous, and Lefou's Brew was quite tasty. (I should probably write more about New Fantasyland in a separate post...)
- Lunch at the restaurant in the Moroccan Pavilion. Those beef rolls with cinnamon and powdered sugar are delicious. Plus, the service and hospitality is incomparable.
- FaceTiming with Zan as we played the Agent P World Showcase Adventure. It was so fun having Zan "there" as we solved a Phineas and Ferb mystery in Epcot's Norway. We truly live in the future, when from nearly 800 miles away we can see each other and interact in real time. How incredibly cool.
- Listening to Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid, narrate the Christmas story at the Candlelight Processional.
I, for one, want to hear of this new fantasyland.
ReplyDelete