I aim to post in this blog ten times a month for a total of 120 posts a year. Some months I only post nine times, sometimes eleven, but I try to average it out. But, since moving back east, I have not had quite the same motivation to post. This post will make 106 posts for the year-- I should be at around 111. I'm five posts behind, which is significant when that equals about half of what I usually post in a month. Can I double my recent post output? Can I make it to 120 by December 31st?! This will mean writing all the things!!!! Or at least posting a picture and a caption.
So let's start! Tonight is Grand Illumination at Colonial Williamsburg and Zan is in town for it!!! He arrived yesterday evening, we ate our favorite Trader Joe's meal, and then went over to Jason's for a night of fine beers-- and I mean that literally, not ironically-- as Jason works at a fancy wine and beer shop and gets wonderful Christmas ales and microbrews. I haven't written much in this blog, so you dear readers will likely not know who Jason is, or how much I've been hanging out with him since getting back to Williamsburg. Jason is a friend of mine from undergrad. We were pretty close during sophomore year and the first part of senior year, and he's always someone I make a point to see when I'm back in town. Since returning home, I've seen Pippin with him, met his girlfriend over drinks at the DoG Street Pub, and on Friday he was in a staged reading of 8: A Play About Marriage Equality so I went to see that. He's also good to call up for an evening of Arrested Development or when I have a La Tolteca craving, since we both go there about once a week to eat. Actually, I ran into him there at lunch the other day when I went in with my mom, so we just joined him and had a lovely time. That's something I really love about Williamsburg: just running into people I know at random places.
Speaking of which, I ran into another friend from undergrad yesterday in the Colonial area. She's working there, so she was all decked out in her 18th-century garb. I couldn't very well call out her name, since she would have an 18th-century name for sure (she did, Agnes). It was so wonderful running into her on my cider-walk (by which I mean, a walk down DoG Street with hot cider). I also saw a friend from when Zan and I used to do 24-hour film fests working on a street Christmas production in Merchant's Square. I just love having people all over to say hello to. It really feels like home when there are so many familiar faces around. And having people to eat lunch with! On Thursday I had lunch at Nawab with Professor Whittenburg, and it was such a wonderful time. And Nawab has redecorated! Then Friday I had my meeting with Professor Popper-- after many, many reschedulings on both our parts and one total miss on mine-- and I got to see Jeff beforehand for a vanilla coke at Wawa, enjoyed out on a bench by the statue of James Blair. Oh, and I'm still going to trivia on Monday on a regular basis. We won last week!
Also, I feel that I should let you all know that I finally did a jigsaw puzzle. It's something I've been wanting to do since summer, and I finally completed one! I felt I had the time! It was an amazing feeling, to sit down with a puzzle for fun. My mom and I worked on it all this past week, and last night Zan and I put the last few pieces of the puzzle together. It's such a satisfying feeling when that last piece clicks into place. Ah, puzzles. I already have my next one picked out. It's called Christmas is Coming to Town and is a real work of Americana artwork. So excited.
Alright, I think you're mostly caught up on the important things now. The other things going on mostly involve working on personal statements and figuring out application business; that, or frantically trying to figure out Christmas gifts for people and who I need to send cards to this year.
So, this was long, and I seriously doubt the next fourteen (can I do it?!) posts will be quite so long and detailed, but here's hoping that I reach my goal of 120 for the year! Who's with me?!
What is your favorite Trader Joe's meal?!
ReplyDeleteWe love 'Spearean Risotto in the green package. We didn't have it on the west coast, so we're soooo happy to be back with it :).
DeleteYou can do it, Absi!
ReplyDelete