My exciting plans got significantly less exciting after my car accident. While physically I'm still able, thank goodness, I'm down a car. We discovered worse damage than originally thought. Now there are insurance people to deal with, transportation issues, and I had to cancel a trip to Atlantic City. I'm disappointed; I planned to meet my friends from my study abroad for a reunion. I thought I wouldn't get to post much because I had planned to travel for this whole week. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to make my New Years plans a reality; I'm trying to figure out how to take care of all the stuff I need to take care of in association with the accident; I'm trying to make sure that everything else in my life gets done that needs to get done.
On the docket today: a trip to Target to put in a prescription and to pick up more vitamins, meeting with the insurance guy as he examines my car, changing the cat litter boxes and taking a cat fecal sample for the vet, and hopefully getting to organize my room. My room is a huge mess; I've barely touched the boxes that I brought back from Seattle. I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm feeling a little down.
In happy news, I had a wonderfully lazy Christmas day with my mom and dad, I ate good food, I got lovely and fun gifts, and I am, you know, alive. So, that's a plus.
Let me know if I can help with anything! I'm so glad to hear you're okay. Soemtimes I can feel overwhelmed just if my bed isn't made, so I can't imagine dealing with insurance, etc. on top of it. Sending good thoughts your way!
ReplyDeleteTHIS MADE ME CRY WHEN I READ THIS! It made me feel like a bad friend that I hadn't known that this had happened to you :( (which I'm sure wasn't your intention) I'm so glad that you didn't die. Obviously.
ReplyDelete