Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Frustrations

I'm in a bit of a lousy mood right now due to a mixture of cats, applications, and, well, Christmas.  Seriously, though, if you had to wake up to the meow of a cat with the most powerful voice in all the world, followed by a few more hours of three cats running around, meowing, and occasionally hissing at each other, you would be in a lousy mood, too.  I read once that cats evolved so that their meows sounded like the crying of human children, which forces a human to feel like they need to attend to the cat immediately.  I've mentioned that I don't want babies, right?  I don't want cat-babies, either.  I hate the sound of crying.

Then applications.  I've already submitted some (hooray!) and I only have three or four to go!  I thought I could knock one out this morning-- signed, sealed, delivered-- but no.  I ran into a stumbling block when they wanted me to upload my official transcripts.  Say what?!  I already had the issuing institution mail you those.  Now you want me to spend another seven bucks on another official transcript just so I can immediately void it by breaking the sealed envelope and uploading its contents to you-- when you already have a copy? It's frustrating.  It would be less frustrating if I didn't have to spend a total of fourteen dollars on transcripts, which I feel is excessive for a total of six pieces of paper and two envelopes.

And finally, Christmas.  I think I'm trying to enjoy Christmas so much that it's backfiring.  It's like since I have no school/work commitments right now I feel that I should be spending at least part of everyday enjoying Christmas movies, decorations, lights, and gift-making.  When will I ever have this kind of time at Christmas again?  Unfortunately, that means if I don't feel that I got my Christmas quota in, I get depressed.  Also, gifts.  I love love love gift-giving.  Usually I find great gifts.  But somehow this year I just don't feel that I've really gotten the perfect gift for anyone.  A few of the things seem good-- really good-- but not perfect.  And I spent a. lot. of time on Amazon, Etsy, and Ebay last night looking for perfect gifts.  I have absolutely no idea what to get for my dad, and I want his gift to be really good.  Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself. 

Never fear, though!  I am going to leave you on a happy note.  Tuesday the weather was warm and springlike, and I had a needlepoint Christmas tree ornament to finish so I could post it to a friend in Seattle.  So, I got to spend the afternoon in a most Southern way-- working on needlepoint and drinking homemade sweet tea on the porch.  Now that is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Good-gift pressure is my least favorite part of the holidays. Let's all just give each other high-fives and promise to be friends for another year.

    ReplyDelete