June ends in a whirlwind of friends. On Thursday night, we hosted the incomparable Rick, after his return from an epic trip to Ireland. On Friday, after a really great tutorial for my class, and a lovely walk home across the bridge (the weather has been unusually nice this June), our old friends S and T (and a new friend, I) arrived for the weekend, to edit a film that they shot with Zan last winter. Editing and Indian food occurred. On Saturday, they headed down to Williamsburg, while Zan and I headed to Staunton for his ten year high school reunion-- which abounded with old friends for him, and new friends for me. We watched his senior class video, won a Kelly Clarkson CD (from 2004) in the door prize raffle, and afterwards we went out with his friend J to get liquid cheese at the Baja. Then today, after returning to DC, I met up with my friend L for lunch at Matchbox in Chinatown and an afternoon at Ford's Theater! Though we could have wished for more time in the museum portion of the tour, it was a really excellent experience. The museum had some great artifacts, and our costumed-interpreter speech was very well done. Chilling. Tragic. Sometimes it takes having an out-of-towner in town to actually go out and explore the city you live in. I'm sure you all know what I mean. I'm hoping to get a few more "touristy" experiences in before L heads back West for the fall. Now, I'm concentrating on finishing my last novel for my Satire class, and starting work on the final paper! I knew this month would fly, but I still can't quite believe that I only have a week left of my summer class. Then, writing, then-- relaxation!
I plan on taking advantage of as many touristy experiences as possible! (after MJ is done with the bar) We never know...this could be our last 9 months in the city....
ReplyDelete