Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bath, Good Story

Last night I got to go to the Leafe with Jonathan Hope from ASE, my study abroad program! It was soooo good to see him. Unfortunately, it means that I'm missing England even more now than usual. I got to the Leafe around 8:00 and he was already surrounded by five or so other former ASErs, all eating dinner and drinking pints. I got a pint of Strongbow and sat down to talk, and only at 10:45 did we decide it was time to close up for the night, since Jonathan had to leave quite early this morning.

I met a girl who was in my bed the Fall after I was there-- Nunes House, Flat 5, bed by the window! We all reminisced about our favorite times-- I brought up the Bombfire, the towpath, Mr. D's at night, Adrian Paterson, Andrew Butterworth, and myriad other tiny details... things that I had half forgotten. Everyone else had common memories, speaking of Oxford and our tiny rooms, snow in England, talking to the actors at Stratford-Upon-Avon, pubs we had frequented, and generally everything we had loved. And Jonathan and his wife are expecting a baby!!! And Andy is doing well :). And we might have slightly joshed about Barbara :), but only out of love.

On our last night in Bath, Nunes House went for dinner at a pub called The Slug and Lettuce, and as we were leaving to walk back to Nunes for one of the last times ever Brian commented, "Bath, good story." It really is.

2 comments:

  1. I still say they should hire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all the nostalgia is flooding back. I miss that awesome room in Oxford... even if we did manage to short circuit the heater and have it melt itself to the floor.

    ReplyDelete