Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sick Day (s)

The past two days have been rather miserable. It all started on Tuesday around 7:30 in the evening. I had finished my normal busy Tuesday-- 4 hours at work, 3 hours in class-- and was at Mike and Zan's apartment reading for my independent study, when suddenly I thought, "I think I might be sick." I hurried home (through the ice, more on that later) and once home thought, "Oh, perhaps this isn't as bad as I thought." Famous last words.

After an aborted shower attempt, I spent the next 10 or 11 hours in front of the toilet bowl. I have no idea what caused it. Stephen had a stomach virus a few days ago, but his was 24 hours and he had a scorching fever with it. I think mine might have been food poisoning-- I had some funky lasagna for lunch on Tuesday that even while I was eating it I thought seemed off. Regardless, I got no sleep Tuesday night and literally everything I had eaten that day came back up that night. I don't remember the last time I was so sick, especially without any alcohol involvement. But even then, it's NEVER been this bad.

I woke up Wednesday weak and unable to go from my bedroom to my study to feed Sphinx. I called Mike who came over with saltines and gatorade, to replace my electrolytes. Thank goodness, I don't know what I would have done otherwise. I managed to make it to half of my race relations class, but that really took it out of me. Then I went over to the apartment with my books. After getting there, though, I felt rather weak again and instead of getting any reading done I fell asleep on their couch. I then came home and fell asleep for real.

Being sick is no fun. Neither is snow.

Sure, snow is pretty as it falls, but being trapped in my house all day Saturday, and having limited mobility for the majority of this week has been terrible. And we're supposed to get more this weekend. Boo. I want the Spring!!!

4 comments:

  1. Where was your roommate!? Why wasn't he bringing saltines and gatorade!? Bad Stephen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha he was at lab, and he offered the night before to get me something, but that was before I realized how badly off I was going to be :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just awful. I hope you're back to normal (or at least less nauseous). And spring never seems to get where its supposed to be on time - or even in the proper region. Up here's been realtively snow gree for the last two weeks. Stupid weather.

    (P.S. I was inspired by you to watch Amelie again. I just wanted to thank you, I forgot how much I loved that movie.)

    ReplyDelete