I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I feel like I'm reading and reading and working and working and getting nowhere. I finish a book, but it's not enough. I still have two other classes to read for and a thesis chunk I'm supposed to be working on. I have an article about Global Friends due on Thursday for my stipend internship. I have a presentation due Wednesday, a paper due Thursday, and somehow, somehow a thesis chunk to work on. Not to mention a house that needs constant cleaning-- there are always more and more dishes everytime I make a meal, and things left around to be organized, and I never realized how much work a house takes to keep it all in order and running smoothly and cleanly until this year.
The rest of the quote of the title is "but that doesn't mean we should give up our dream, have you ever seen me defeated? Don't you forget what I've been through and yet I'm still standing." I've done this before and been through worse, both academically and personally.
I'll do it. It's just hard sometimes and I get discouraged. This weekend was a little odd, too, which has put me in a strange temper, and I'm still catching up on sleep after being sick last week. I need a Disney fix. I'm in full on Disney withdrawal mode. I looked up Youtube videos of rides the other day.
As much as I want Spring Break I'm dreading it because I need to have turned in my Folger application by then AND my thesis chunk. ::cries::
I could use some Disney mahself. Though visiting with best friends is basically like Disney for my heart. Anyone getting married anytime soon? It's been pretty snowy, lately- perfect conditions.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! Regardless of whether Carnivale happens this weekend, I still intend to come visit you. And then you can take a break and work while I work at keeping you sane and taking care of the house. =)
ReplyDeleteFolger application?? Do tell!
ReplyDeleteAnd hang in there--remember that everyone is in the same boat (including me). We're all in this together, and imagine how terrible it must be for those planning on applying to History PHD programs. At least you don't have THAT pressure.
Also, if a Disney with friends trip does happen, count me in this time :)
--allison
I hear ya, friend. The never ending saga of being a grad student. Chin up! :) You'll get through.
ReplyDelete~ Katy