Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Clooney in the Trashcan

When threads of several conversations become tangled with a misunderstanding, it suddenly appears that George Clooney has startled Kay by rummaging in her trashcan for leftovers. She shrieks when she sees him, scares him with a broom, and he runs away. He hasn't been in any movies lately, so he's a bit down on his luck, you see. While of course that never happened, for a good fifteen minutes the scene played out last night over a dinner of chicken and saffron rice.

Best two days ever. Sunday was warm, sunny, and so relaxed. I cooked tons of food (always puts me in a good mood), did laundry, and watched Disney's The Aristocats in French. On Monday, Kay arrived! I have missed her sooo much. We went from living together to suddenly never seeing each other. We used to drop everything to have a coffee when I would visit D.C., but now she's even farther away and we don't have that. So having a full 24 hours with my best friend? Fantastic. I saw her beautiful engagement ring in person finally, we got hot chocolate at Harbour Coffee, talked about her wedding plans, went shopping in Newport News, and had dinner/played Bananagrams with Zan. Today we both woke up early, drank tea, checked e-mails, listened to music and took it easy before she headed back up to the frozen north and I went to read microfilm for forever.

If only we lived closer to each other. Life just feels somehow a touch brighter with Kay here. Thank goodness for internet and telephones, but sometimes there is nothing quite like spending the day with one of your absolutely best friends.

1 comment:

  1. And now I'm picturing all of our snarling feral George Clooney faces... =)

    I miss you again already, but I'm so glad I got to visit! We had over 24 hours together, and that was amazing. I love you!

    ReplyDelete