The other day I read an interview with Miranda July, who I actually just heard about for the first time about a month and a half ago. She's the driving force behind the movie The Future opening next Wednesday. I really want to see it. Anyway, in the interview she says this:
I always feel like I’m going to make the wrong decision and regret it forever, but really, that’s not what life’s like. Things usually make sense in time, and even bad decisions have their own kind of correctness. But there is still that perverse human fear of regretting forever and hope of loving in the same way forever while we know good and well that everything changes.
She seems pretty amazing. The whole interview can be found here.
Also-- watch the trailer for The Future here.
Definitely wise words to ponder. That movie looks great. Hope it makes it to Australia!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I loved your comments on my post. You should do your own "procrastination post". I think that'd be fun! PS Yay Scotland!
Love it. Also comforting is the fact that, no matter how put together someone's life seems, inside they are still always thinking "I hope I'm getting this right!"
ReplyDelete