Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Picture Post! Part II

Pictures from the last half of our road trip across America! There are no pictures from Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons, though, because I took so many pictures there last summer. To see those pictures, check out this post from last August.

(Driving across South Dakota; Day 5)
(More of South Dakota, and Wall Drug!; Day 5)

(Sunflowers in South Dakota; Day 5)

(The Badlands, South Dakota; Day 5)

(The Badlands, South Dakota; Day 5)
(The Badlands, South Dakota; Day 5)

(The Mammoth Site; Hot Springs, SD; Day 6)

(A perfectly laid out mammoth skeleton, minus head; called Marie Antoinette until they discovered it was a boy mammoth. Mammoth Site; Hot Springs, SD; Day 6)

(Perfectly preserved mammoth skulls; Mammoth Site; Hot Springs, SD; Day 6)

(Boxwork in Wind Cave; South Dakota; Day 6)

(The Purple Pie Place-- where we had lunch. Custer, SD; Day 6)

(The Crazy Horse Memorial... just a face in the mountain. SD; Day 6)

(Drive by shot of Mount Rushmore. Hey, boys! SD; Day 6)



(The above three are at Independence Rock, Wyoming!; Day 7)

(Split Rock, Wyoming. Thank God for the Oregon trail!; Day 7)

Here's where pictures stop for a couple of days, as I relaxed at Jackson Lake Lodge with my family and enjoyed a bit of a break from the road. Again, to see pics of that area, check out the post from last August.

(The road to Soda Springs, Idaho; Day 10)

(The Geyser in Soda Springs, Idaho; the only man-made geyser in the world; Day 10)

(Strawberry-lemonade cupcake and a mocha at Tula Bakery in Portland, OR; Day 11 [apologies for the poor lighting, I'm usually a better food photographer than this, but I was just so excited to eat the stuff that I didn't bother to make it look great])

(The Grilled Cheese Grill, Portland, OR; Day 11)

(The Grilled Cheese Grill school bus dining room; Portland, OR; Day 11)

(Inside the school bus at TGCG, Portland, OR; Day 11)

(Gnomes in the front yard; Portland, OR; Day 11)

And here's where the trip pictures end and officially become Seattle pictures! I've decided to save those for a later post, though. :) Hope you enjoy the road trip pictures and I can't wait to start updating you all about my life in the Pacific Northwest!

3 comments:

  1. It was nice that I could see both posts at the same time, very cool! They look so great, those Badland pictures are amazing.

    Sorry, gotta go. My taxi's here to take me to the airport. I can crash on your sofa in Seattle, right?!?! It might take me a while to make it because I will be doing a grand extensive road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is SO much awesome in these pictures. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!

    Also the mammoth skeletons make me laugh now that I know the whole story. =)

    ReplyDelete