Well, if all goes according to plan, I'm heading out to Seattle tomorrow morning. My mom and I have planned an epic 10-day roadtrip across the country, and at the end of it I have a new apartment, a new city, and a new life. I'm excited, but also really sad to be leaving. I've lived in Virginia for eight years, six of them in Williamsburg, and I can't believe I'm going. Not only going, but going so incredibly far away. No weekend trips to D.C. anymore. No jaunts to Yorktown beach. No more midnight walks down Duke of Gloucester street. No more running into people dressed like 18th-century colonists in the grocery store or at the Indian food place. My parents think I'll be back in Virginia to live someday, and maybe they are right. How can I bear to give up all of the history here? But right now, that 'someday' looks very far off, if ever. So good-bye, Virginia. I love you.
It's been a good six years, Williamsburg.
Take care of yourself, you! Virginia will miss you. And you'd better visit!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you Thursday!
ReplyDeleteThat road trip does indeed sound epic! I did a two day one with my own mum and it was super fun. Hope you guys have a safe trip and we'll 'see' you when you're settled in your new home :)
ReplyDeleteI seriously can't believe you're moving. I mean, obviously we'll visit. But we'll be so far apart!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to do the move, though. Road trip = awesomeness.
Williamsburg will miss you too. Good luck on your new adventure!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Cat