Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sun in the Morning and the Moon at Night

I've tried to take it easy since Tuesday, when I really felt like giving up on life. You know that feeling, that no matter what you do you'll hit setbacks and you're just so tired you can't make yourself care. That was me on Tuesday, desperately searching for something good about January. And now it's February and today the sun shone warmly, and it almost wasn't Seattle anymore, but some springtime world of happiness. I hummed, "I've Got the Sun in Morning and the Moon at Night" as I walked down the sidewalk this morning, and even though I spent the afternoon grading papers, I still found time to get some frozen yogurt at the little place 'round the corner. One of Zan's friends is in town this weekend, so we all went to Pies and Pints for dinner, and now I'm introducing them to Downton Abbey which they liked so much after the first episode they asked to watch a second. I'm very pleased.

It also helps that now there are only four weeks left in the quarter, and that I got my Marxism presentation moved back three weeks. I still have to write a French essay and grade midterms and read more than is humanly possible, but sometimes I think it helps to remember what's really important in life-- and to me, that's not feeling defeated, tired, and sad everyday. I really want to get past that and to a place where I'm contented with my life, where I can come home with a full heart and a satisfied mind. Maybe soon. Maybe.

But right now-- Downton Abbey!!!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, who doesn't love Downton Abbey? No one, that's who.

    I'm glad you're feeling better than you were earlier this week. I hope that continues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's important in life is that every week we need to text back and forth the lyrics to Friday. That's what's important. As long as we can do that, everything will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on keeping on!! I definitely think it's important to make sure you have nice moments. I bet in a few months time you'll remember sitting round, having a laugh and watching Downton Abbey with friends... but you won't remember what book you read for school or half the information in it. That's the way I tend to look at it. Easy for me to say because I'm not in that school/study situation anymore.

    I will write you a happy email, hopefully tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete