Two years ago today I woke up and my whole world had changed (in a good way). The night before I had been kissed by the boy of my dreams and we had agreed to embark on this great adventure called life together, at least for awhile, to see how it worked. Two years on, it's working pretty well. It hasn't always been easy, but it's always been perfect, exactly what we needed. I read once that love isn't about perfection, but about being perfect for each other. I think that sums up the past two years pretty nicely.
So to celebrate, we went out to Red Mill Burgers. Nothing too fancy. We went to a burger joint last year, too. We think it has something to do with Valentine's Day. You're expected to be all fancy for that made up holiday of red and pink hearts, so when our real anniversary rolls around we think, "Hey, how about a hamburger and a milkshake? Perfect!" Plus, they visited Red Mill Burgers in Man Versus Food. Worth it.
Then we watched the last episode of season two of Downton Abbey (don't worry, no spoilers here), drank champagne, ate Angry Birds fruit gummies, and had chocolate chip cookies brought over by our wonderful neighbors. All in all, a fantastic way to celebrate two years.
Here's to many more hamburgers and bottles of champagne!
Aw, you guys look so sweet and happy. Congrats!! Yes, I think burgers are an excellent choice... well, for any meal really!
ReplyDeleteI'm way behind on my commenting but this is just so nice. You guys look great in the pictures. I was also hoping, somewhere, in the back of my mind, that you chose the title "Two" for more than just the two-year thing.... just throwing that in there for no reason.
ReplyDeleteWait...there are Angry Birds fruit gummies. This is something I was completely unaware of! :p My beau and I went to Firehouse Subs for Valentine's Day...I'm all for low key and delicious :) Happy Anniversary! You guys are absolutely adorable together and even though we don't "know" each other I can honestly say I'm extremely happy for you two! (You like how incorporated your blog title back in there?) :)
ReplyDelete