Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoppity-Hop Hop, Easter!


Happy Easter, to everyone who celebrates it, and Happy Beautiful Sunday, to those who don't! Zan and I have had a lovely Easter so far-- see our Easter Baskets above! The Easter Baskets were a gift from my mom, who sent the baskets, paper stuffing, and candy a few weeks ago. We just had to put them together! Mine is the kitty, and Zan's is the dinosaur. He only got the dinosaur because I was in a generous mood. :)

Last night, spur-of-the-moment style, Zan and I went to see Titanic in 3-D. So good. So good that I almost called this post "Ship of Dreams." I saw the film six times in the theater when it first came out, and while I now see that parts of it are kind of cheesy, it holds up well. I am pretty sure that I haven't actually watched it all the way through since I was ten. If it's on, I usually turn it off after they hit the iceberg. But I have to say, it's incredibly compelling on the big-screen. Really just takes you in, makes you forget about everything else for 3 hours. And now Zan can't stop looking up Titanic trivia on Wikipedia.

This morning I woke up, took a shower with my new organic pear-scented conditioner, and since the weather was nice, I walked to an Episcopal Church in the U-District. They held a morning Eucharist in the small chapel, we sang "Jesus Christ is Risen Today," and after the service I walked home in the sunshine. Then, Zan and I went to the zoo for a few hours. We saw the gorillas, lions, red pandas, lots of birds, an ocelot, beautiful giraffes, sleeping hippos, curious meercats, and more! Such fun! I do love the zoo so much. But school calls, so home we came, for some sandwiches, reading, and Easter Basket-making. This evening we're going to a potluck that a friend of mine is hosting! Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. LOVE your Easter baskets. At my church service, they gave out little Easter eggs at the end. Hehe, made church *even* better!

    I LOVE MEERCATS!!!!!!! Last time I went to a zoo, they had baby meercats, the cutest things ever. *sigh* actually I guess all baby animals are the cutest.

    I really wanted to see Titanic at the movies, I think I saw it three times at the cinema and I thought that was a lot... you beat me! But I watched it TONS at sleepovers in the years to come. But I hate 3D movies, they do nothing for me and I couldn't believe that they only released Titanic in 3D. (Haha, before I proofread, it said Titanic in 3DD!). So we shall watch it at home and enjoy it then.

    This has probably been the longest comment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I think that *was* the longest comment of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to type that I can't believe you were one of those girls who saw Titanic half a million times before it was even on video... but I can believe it. You and my sister. =)

    And your Easter baskets are super adorable. I am a little jealous, since we didn't get ourselves organized enough to have baskets this year. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete