Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

you try to move your feet

I keep wondering if I'm in the right place. Sometimes I stop and think, "If you could do anything, if you weren't bound by constraints of economy or what other people thought, what would you be doing?" And I don't know. I think I'd be traveling, reading books that really interest me, learning languages, and writing. I'd want to take an intense yoga class and maybe study world religions. I'd want to live someplace sunny and warm. At the very least, I think maybe I should be in a history program. But, given the realities, I don't know what else I would do besides be here.

3 comments:

  1. Midlife crisis? I am going through one at the moment.

    I think it's important to remember that the grass is always greener on the other side. When I was studying last year, I was like "Oh man, I'm going to do SO much stuff with all the free time I'll have once I'm no longer stuck doing assignments and studying"... and now I have all that free time... I do nothing!!

    But I do love thinking about what else I *could* be doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my brain yesterday...

    ReplyDelete