Outside, rain is falling and the world is gray. Inside, I long for the warmth of my bed and a nice cup of tea. Sadly, only the cup of tea part is feasible, as I have to get up and work on a 10 page paper. In the past few days I haven't done nearly enough work. I finished all of my Hoffman reading, finished writing a four page book review, spent hours at the library in order to compose a five page annotated bibliography, made flyers for an event at the Reves Center and posted them all over campus, and then... went shopping. In all fairness, I needed new clothes and it's a good thing I went when I did, as suddenly the temperature has dropped to alarmingly cold lows (well, alarmingly cold by my standards which means high 40s, low 50s). I'm so glad I bought sweaters. But those several hours that I spent at the outlets could well have been filled with outlining a paper about "The People and the Revolution," which I now have hanging over my head.
Also, this afternoon at 3:30 is my first "World Savvy" session, a panel discussion with three WM students who share their insights into another culture, this month featuring China. I have spent the past month organizing it and advertising for it, so wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment