Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hebrew Jewbulation!

I have finished with everything! I turned in my final paper, "The Formation of Converso Identity: A Lecture," to Professor Homza about twenty minutes ago and now... the sweet feeling of freedom. I can do anything today. I could go for a walk in CW. I could go to the spa. I could watch a movie. I could Rosetta Stone. I could read for fun. I could drink. I could sleep. I could begin Christmas shopping, Christmas cross-stitching, and Christmas clay-making. *Happiness*

Really, though, writing this paper was one of the least stressful things I've done this semester... or since about sophomore year. I gave myself plenty of time to research and write, instead of cramming it all in the night before the due date. And I had a fantastic place to write, as I was at Mike and Zan's apartment, so the process was tempered with episodes of Dr. Who and random trips to Taco Bell (even though I made Mike make me a salad because Taco Bell just isn't real food). Yay for writing near friends!!!

And, since I finished the paper nominally around noon yesterday, I even got to go out for ice cream with Laura before frantically footnoting!

Last night, after I had almost finished the paper, including the footnoting, the editing, and the bibliography, and had sent out the paper to Kay and Zan to proof-read and edit (well, Kay edited :), Zan showed me Mel Brooks' "The Spanish Inquisition" from History of the World Part 1 on his computer), I went to the Leafe with a couple of grad students for a drink called "Hebrew Jewbulation Bar Mitzvah Thirteenth Anniversary Ale." We just got a sample of it, as it was strong, and then I had a pint of Magic Hat #9, but I feel that it's the thought that counts.

Welcome, Winter Break! You don't know how much I've longed for you!

1 comment:

  1. And the best part is that you will be here soooooon!

    ReplyDelete