Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wedding Bells Will Ring

Yesterday my friend, Kristi, got married. I was a reader in the wedding (1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13), so I got to attend the wedding rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner on Friday, and then I handed out programs before the wedding, and of course did the reading and attended the reception.

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. Kristi is so happy. I'm so happy for her. She deserves to be incredibly happy and she is. You could see how radiant she felt all weekend, and her vows were lovely and sincere. I don't know her husband, Kevin, that well, but he seems like a great guy and seems to really, really love her. :)

The wedding took place at Walnut Hills Baptist Church, and Mike J. came down for it and helped me to hand out programs. I have missed him so much! I always forget how funny he is and how he brightens up any situation. We had a great time joking and catching up, and I'm excited to see him again in a few weeks for Annie's wedding. Anyways, we handed out programs before the wedding and talked to some of the ushers, who were equally entertaining, and then the wedding happened (the chaplain, in my opinion, left a little to be desired) and then we headed over to the reception.

Oh. My. God. Amazing. It was at a really nice country club on Richmond Road out near Lightfoot. The dining room was decorated beautifully with silver tree centerpieces which Kristi and her sister made, and lovely red bows on every chair. They had bacon-wrapped scallops at the hors d'oeurves table and a specialty drink called "A Passionate Kiss." Then for dinner we had filet mignon at our fun "single's" table... which actually was fun. I liked everyone there. We kept clinking our silverware on the glasses to make Kristi and Kevin kiss, and at one point when we were clinking Kristi looked over and mouthed, "I will kill you." It was hilarious. I'm not sure they actually got to eat their food so many people were clinking silverware. Then we did a "shamrock dance" much like musical chairs except the winner got a bottle of Bailey's. I was in the top 10, but didn't win. The dancing part was ok, except the DJ kind of sucked, but that in itself provided loads of fun.

The best part was how happy everyone was, especially Kristi. :)

That night after the reception Mike J. and I hosted "Twilight Zone Saturday," and we watched some new episodes and got to enjoy a late night of Rod Serling. So overall, a fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

  1. And I think I left my Twilight Zone DVD at your house! Oh noes!

    But yes- want to back you up on the awesome weekend report. The bacon wrapped scallops were badass and the passionate kiss mixed drink, though it made the bartender think I was "fruity," was delicious.

    Thanks for letting me stay over and being all awesome and fun! I'm looking forward to another round of "things that you shouldn't read from the bible at certain events," when next we hang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( I miss you guys

    ReplyDelete