Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Tis the Season

Happy December 1st! Finally we can start actually getting into a Christmas mood. ABC is done with it's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas, and can now just... count down the 25 days until Christmas. Now stores can legitimately play Christmas music, and now I can finally feel ok about decorating the house, watching Christmas movies, and feeling light-hearted. Christmastime is almost here! The season of clay figurines over Orangina bottles, and Muppet Christmas Carol, Love Actually, and Charlie Brown Christmas, has arrived! Hooray!

And at long last the semester is winding down. I only have one more book and one more research paper to go. I finished my 10 page prospectus and annotated bibliography on Sunday night (though it needs a touch of editing), I had my last research methods class yesterday, and most importantly, my last Hoffman class!!! I didn't even do as terribly on the paper as I expected, even though I somehow managed to not turn in the 2nd page. Oops. I really hope for a good grade in the class overall. I think my discussion skills were up to par, but I guess we'll see when the grades come out.

I already feel a touch freer. The research paper for Homza will be a lot of work, but that's my last big project of the semester. Now I can start to get excited for Kristi's wedding on Saturday, make fun plans for Winter Break, not feel guilty spending two nights at Director's Workshop shows, and maybe take a bit of time to make hot chocolate and watch a movie. And of course, I need to ILL some books for my thesis and make a plan for how to tackle the reading over break, and I need to work on my syllabus for my independent study. But generally, feeling a bit more serene about my academic life than I have in awhile.

Personal life, on the other hand, alternates between being totally boring, mildly irritating, and rather depressing. EXCEPT that Kacey, Megan, Luci, and I have formed a Geocache team. We are doing this great thing where we basically go treasure-hunting around Williamsburg (and the WORLD!) and we plan on having great adventures in our Geocache searches. There are Geocaches everywhere from DoG Street to the Olympic Stadium in Beijing. Honestly, life just got more exciting. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have excellent taste in Christmas movies. I agree with all your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also perplexed by the countdown to the countdown to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete