I'm back home for a few days! I'm heading back to the 'burg in a few days for sundry parties (cocktail, bachelorette) and a wedding, but for now I'm back home! So far it's been lovely. I got in yesterday and met my parents at Tyson's for lunch and a bit of shopping. I got a dress for Annie's wedding, which I hope will be cute. And I have a Jason who is going to get a dark suit to match it! :) Can't wait to see him-- it's been months.
Then I got to see Kay! I honestly haven't seen her since summer, which is far too long. It was so nice to catch up with her. I got lunch with her today, and I saw her new house, which is so darling and she has such nice roommates!!! I have missed my Kay-diddle immensely.
Last night I went to a fondue party with Allison in DC. It was fantastic to meet new people and to hang out with other graduate students from another program. They seemed about as bogged down with work as the people in my program, so I guess grad school hell is universal. Still, I had a wonderful time eating chocolate-covered strawberries and talking about Winter Break plans and just generally being away from the Williamsburg scene. I need a new influx of people. Sometimes Williamsburg just feels so incredibly small and everyone is too interconnected. A change of scene is sometimes necessary.
Today, besides seeing Kay, I also went to a movie with Adam! Haven't seen him since the summer either. We saw The Princess and the Frog. I am so extremely happy that Disney has decided to go back to 2-D hand-drawn animation. Their decision to only do 3-D CGI was perhaps one of the most disappointing things I ever heard, so I'm thrilled they've gone back to their roots. They better keep up this hand-drawn thing, now. So many people have missed it. And this movie wasn't half bad, either! If I had been in a charge I may have changed a few things, but ultimately, I think it was a good product and worthy of the Disney name. I really loved the Tiana, the princess. The Charlotte character was hilarious, too. So, overall, good.
Tonight is Nativity Scene set-up and Christmas tree decorating with parents :)!!!
I was so glad to see you toooo!!!
ReplyDeleteLet's not go that long without seeing each other again, mkay?