Annie is married! She had her wedding amidst snow yesterday, but it was beautiful nonetheless. She had a gorgeous dress, and a very nice Wren Chapel ceremony. The reception was incredibly fun-- great food, great dancing, friends I hadn't seen in a long time. An extremely cute "first dance" for Annie and Eric to Taylor Swift's "Love Story." I am not a fan of that song at all, but they were so adorable dancing to it I couldn't help but enjoy it.
It's still a little strange that someone from our "group" is married. I know Kristi got married a few weeks ago, but... I don't know, that didn't feel as odd; as long as I've known her she's been engaged. I guess I had more time to adjust to the idea. But I've known Annie since my first day at William and Mary, and she certainly wasn't engaged then :). We spent the summer after freshman year with Michelle watching "Slings and Arrows" and drinking mint lemonade. We were in "Romeo and Juliet" together, and I spent so many Sunday dinners at Russian House, and so many nights at the Drunk Duck. And now she's in New York for her honeymoon and moving to El Paso, TX which is so far away. I've gotten used to her fairly frequent visits to Williamsburg for wedding planning... not sure what I'll do now that there's really no chance of seeing her at all. I'm happy for her, because she seemed so happy at her wedding, but I'm sad, too, because I'll really miss her.
It's been an extremely snowy weekend. Mike J. drove in from Woodberry and it took him five hours, while it took Kay and Brian EIGHT hours from D.C. Crazy. Jason had stories about wiping out and spinning around on the icy roads. Luckily everyone made it here safely, and the roads in Williamsburg stayed MOSTLY clear (except when driving to the Winery for Annie's reception). And it was such a fun time seeing everyone!!! We spent Friday evening eating pizza and playing MarioKart until 3AM, and then Saturday night we played Apples to Apples! I haven't stayed up that late (except for paper-writing) in so long! I've also almost finished the Orangina clay dragon that I'm making for Mike, and bought a few more Christmas presents!!!
A wonderful wedding weekend. Congrats to Annie and Eric!
All of a sudden I started really loving that Taylor Swift song, even though five minutes before I thought it was seriously overrated. They were just too sweet for words!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good time! I'd be ok with someone getting married every few weeks if they could all be sorta like this one was.
ReplyDelete