Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

a blue true dream of sky

Finally today feels like spring! Birds are singing and the sun is high and the sky is blue blue blue. Nearly all of the blossoms have fallen off the cherry trees and green buds have taken their place. I'm almost scared to drive up to the colonial area in anticipation of the crowds of people out enjoying this lazy Sunday, even though I think a walk down Duke of Gloucester Street would be pretty divine right now, and/or a limeade from Retro's.

It's been a good weekend, overall. It kicked off with a screening of Rough Draft, the film that Zan was Director of Photography (DP) on this summer. The film turned out really nicely, and was beautifully shot, in my humble opinion. Then, Mike J. came to visit and though things weren't exactly perfect for him over the past few days, we had a great time together. We held a Twilight Zone Tuesday on Friday with some of the old crowd and a few new faces; we ordered pizza and watched "To Serve Man," "It's A Good Life," "Two," and "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street." The next day we went to La Tolteca for lunch with Megan, like we used to, and then in the evening Mike, Zan and I watched some MST3K shorts and had a bunch of people over to play Tom's Lord of the Rings game. We came so close to beating it this time, too (upon reading the preceding few sentences, I'm realizing that I'm a little bit of a nerd...). Today was a pretty lazy morning... I read some poetry, read some of The Winter's Tale and made tea, then Mike and I went to lunch and took a walk around the neighborhood. It was a nice walk, but how could it not be with the weather so wonderful?

Also, I officially have a place to sublet for the summer! I'm really happy! One place down, and now just need to find somewhere to live in Seattle.

2 comments:

  1. But hey, if bad stuff's gonna happen, at least I was in a good place with good people. That's a win right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Limeade at Retro's sounds so perfect right now... finally spring and no limeade to celebrate. =(

    ReplyDelete