Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Simply Smarvelous

Two days, two parties, with a total of four old friends and many new faces: what a wonderful kick-off to the weekend!

It started on Thursday night, with a spectacular pizza party at Jason's house. Jason and I were pretty good friends in undergrad, but then he moved to Richmond and we sort of lost touch, but he's back now! Last Friday at Twilight Zone Tuesday on Friday he invited me over for homemade pizza with him, his roommate Nathan (also one of my friends from undergrad) and a friend of theirs named Brandon (the ultimate pizza-maker). I baked a Funfetti cake for the event, and off I went. Jason had an expensive bottle of red wine (he works at a winery) that was definitely a step above my usual three-buck chuck-- the smell was divine, like berries, and the taste so subtle-- and the color looked almost like cherry coca-cola! And the pizza was beyond words: we had pea and shrimp pizza with olive oil and balsalmic instead of tomato sauce and prosciutto and salami pizza. Oh. My. Goodness. I wish I had pictures of this pizza for you. After eating the amazing pizza-of-the-gods, we tackled the Funfetti cake, then played Apples to Apples... fantastic.

Then yesterday was a very quick trip to Staunton to visit Katie for her birthday, and to see the lovely Cass. We had a birthday dinner at Taste of India, where we ate more food than we could hold, and then I headed to Katie's to see my new digs for the summer-- for the record, it's a very cute house, and Asae, the girl I'm subletting from is very nice, plus it's just a short walk and/or drive from the playhouse. Then Cass came over, and Meg, and Asae and we all spent time getting dressed and putting on make-up and lacing up corsets (for Cass and Asae). It was a Back To The Future party so Cass and Asae were from 1885, and Katie, Meg, and I were from 1955, and as people arrived we had a few 1985s and even a flux capacitor! As usual, an amazing party in Staunton.

(Katie and me-- 1955)

(Cass and me-- 1885, 1955)

And today: Improvathon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment