On the board outside, it said their Cinco de Mayo special was a $4.99 lime margarita on the rocks "must be in a cactus glass." Ok, fine. I'm not picky about the kind of glass I get my margarita in. Once inside, however, the wording was changed to "cactus glass included." Included??? So after ordering our first round, I asked the waitress, "Do we get to keep--" to which she responded, "Yes." We got to keep the cactus glasses. Between the three of us, Zan, Annie, and I managed to walk away with a set of five custom 'painted' cactus glasses from La Tolteca. That's a set right there!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a set of Cactus Glasses. Happy (very belated) Cinco de Mayo!!!
Pages
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Cinco de Mayo Recap
It's been five days and I totally forgot to tell you all about the best thing ever on Cinco de Mayo!!! Now, of course, being cliched and all that, Zan and I decided to go out to get Mexican food on May 5th. Real original, I know, but I'm down with any excuse to go get some Burritos Carnitas and a margarita. Tom had to work, so he couldn't come, but Annie got off work at six and said she would meet us at the restaurant. Around 5:30 Zan and I drove up to an already packed La Tolteca, but managed to find a parking spot and get a table. Here's where it gets good:
On the board outside, it said their Cinco de Mayo special was a $4.99 lime margarita on the rocks "must be in a cactus glass." Ok, fine. I'm not picky about the kind of glass I get my margarita in. Once inside, however, the wording was changed to "cactus glass included." Included??? So after ordering our first round, I asked the waitress, "Do we get to keep--" to which she responded, "Yes." We got to keep the cactus glasses. Between the three of us, Zan, Annie, and I managed to walk away with a set of five custom 'painted' cactus glasses from La Tolteca. That's a set right there!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a set of Cactus Glasses. Happy (very belated) Cinco de Mayo!!!
On the board outside, it said their Cinco de Mayo special was a $4.99 lime margarita on the rocks "must be in a cactus glass." Ok, fine. I'm not picky about the kind of glass I get my margarita in. Once inside, however, the wording was changed to "cactus glass included." Included??? So after ordering our first round, I asked the waitress, "Do we get to keep--" to which she responded, "Yes." We got to keep the cactus glasses. Between the three of us, Zan, Annie, and I managed to walk away with a set of five custom 'painted' cactus glasses from La Tolteca. That's a set right there!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a set of Cactus Glasses. Happy (very belated) Cinco de Mayo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the cactus glasses!! I wish we had that holiday over here, purely so I could have an excuse to eat Mexican food :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think words can express how jealous I am right now, both for the cactus glasses, and for the La Tolteca margaritas that you drank from them.
ReplyDeleteI echo Kayface.
ReplyDeleteHaha how awesome! Those glasses are so cute!
ReplyDelete<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com