You know how sometimes you have those moments where you fall briefly in love with an article of clothing, but feel that it's too expensive or you're just not sure enough, so you don't buy it? Then, over a year later, you find yourself still wishing that you had gotten it? That's where I am right now. Last June in Scotland I saw this absolutely beautiful raincoat at Ness, a Scottish chain clothing shop. It was light tan, with pink and yellow patterns and these adorable large buttons. It looked so cute on me, but it was well over a hundred dollars, once you converted from pounds. And so, I passed it by. I thought, how often do I wear a raincoat? Now, of course, I'm planning a move to Seattle. Who could've foreseen this one???
And the raincoat? Who knows. It's not on the Ness website, or on Ebay that I can find, nor does it even come up in a Google image search of "ness button raincoat" or "ness raincoat." Sigh.
(In other news, last night I made ginger-glazed mahi mahi with mashed potatoes and it was amazing! I love cooking! And this morning Zan and I went to breakfast at Aroma's for the first time in forever. They've changed their French toast and now it's sooo much tastier. And at some point I need to fill you all in on my work in the archives-- I read an incredible diary yesterday by an unnamed schoolmaster (I'm determined to find who he is) and today I read a Quaker letterbook. And I never told you about my awesome find in an eighteenth-century arithmetic book!!!... um, yes. These things do excite me. I guess that's why I'm starting a PhD program.)
Aww poor raincoat! Guess you should just head back to Scotland in the quest to find it again.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am totally the same— I have did-not-buy remorse far, far more than I ever have buyer's remorse!