Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Gotta find my corner of the sky

This past weekend Zan and I attended the Waynesboro Film Festival where his short film, "The Quiet Zone," screened as one of the finalists. He always does such fantastic work. The festival was small, but fun, and we met some cool filmmakers. After the screenings, the two of us headed to Staunton so I could pay for my sublet and get a key to the house (it's really happening!).

A week from today I'm leaving the place that I've called home for the last six years. I almost can't fathom it. Of course, for the summer I'm not going far, just a hop, skip, and a jump away, really, but it signifies the start of so much more. And there's so much more to do before I move, anyway. Packing, finishing the packet that should have been done two days ago, saying my good-byes... and more to be done once I do move. Figuring out where I fit in at this new place, and-- most nerve-wrackingly-- in just a month or two, finding a place to live in Seattle and figuring out how I fit in there. Well, summer, I guess here goes nothing...

(Me at New Year's sporting the word of the year: Believe)

4 comments:

  1. The Staunton move is kind of like a practice move. A little one before the big one to Seattle.

    Also, I love your new banner! Very pretty. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I always get excited when someone new stops by and says hello. Because you mentioned Doctor Who I foolishly imagined that you were from the UK and it was a surprise to see that you're living in the States! Eek, good luck with your big move... I've moved places more than a few times myself, it's exhausting but liberating all at the same time.

    My hairstyle for the day managed to again be Doctor Who inspired, so that made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you have a WONDERFUL summer! <3 I know its crazy leaving the familiarity of what you've called home for so long -- but its exciting! <3 enjoy love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seattle will be great! i live just moved to portland last summer, and i'm in LOVE with the NW!!

    p.s. i love dresses with pockets too.

    ReplyDelete