We ate out A LOT. We had Flying Squirrel Pizza the first night, their October special, with roasted garlic cream sauce instead of tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese, squash, caramelized onion, and bacon. The next night we went to Pies and Pints for some amazing pot pies and mashed potatoes (seriously, bordering on better than Jamestown Pie Co.). Then on Thursday I had my presentation in historiography, so afterwards to de-stress we went to my friend Sarah's for food and "Game of Thrones." Sarah made this fantastic mushroom risotto with pomegranate seed salad. SO GOOD. Friday afternoon we had lunch at an Indian place, followed by Italian style gelato at a place near the apartment. That night, we went to Pair with Kris and Chris, and had gruyere cheese puffs, steak frites, and scallops, and Saturday we had Mighty-O donuts for breakfast, then visited Naked City Brewery at night for some local brews, pulled pork, and brisket. Yum. Sunday we tried a different pizza place-- Garlic Jim's-- and found it very much to our liking. We also saw a ton more places that are on our list: a crepe place, a trattoria, a seafood dive/diner.
So now that food is out of the way, what did we do? Well, Wednesday and Thursday I had class all day, so Zan stayed home and worked on his screenplay and built our TV stand!!! Hooray! The TV is no longer on the box it came in! On Friday, Zan came in to 101 lecture to meet the other people in my cohort. We spent a great part of the morning playing Shakespeare-themed Sporcle quizzes in the PhD office. (Hint: try "Shakespeare's Survivors" and type in as many wrong answers as you can think of. Hilarity ensues).
We also watched a lot of "30 Rock", "Dinosaur Train" (because we're silly), and "Doctor Who". We're all caught up on "Doctor Who" now, though! I have missed my time in the TARDIS, and was glad to have about six hours of it this weekend.
We also got a beautiful panda stained glass to put on our shelf at home, and a free plush tiger toy! Best day ever.
But only two months until Christmas and then Zan moves out here to stay! :)!!!!!!!!!
Aw, this was such a sweet post. Hmm... maybe I should get a long distance boyfriend, just so that I can eat a whole lot of food when we reunite. That sounds like a plan!!
ReplyDeleteI love zoos too. I love penguins the best, I think we've already discussed that though.
And I haven't watched Doctor Who in AGES! I think I saw the first two and then I haven't seen any after that. I think I'm not really enjoying it, I miss the simple days of one story episodes. None of this 'long story arc going over two or three seasons' business. Oh well, I'm sure I'll love it when I get back into watching it!!!
Time will fly and then Zan will be there ALL THE TIME! Yay!!
Glad you two had such a nice visit! Can you believe October's almost over? January's not that far away anymore!
ReplyDeleteThe time, it will move swiftly, and then you can be pandas ALL the time! Very good post, Absi. Looks like a good zoo, too.
ReplyDeleteI had totally forgotten about Sporcle! I'm glad you got to introduce Zan to the zoo because it is a nice zoo - although it isn't the St. Louis Zoo!
ReplyDelete