Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Double, double, toil and trouble!

Happy Halloween, everyone!!!

(The Weird Sisters: fittingly Halloweenish AND Shakespearean!)

Today I gave my Shakespeare lecture to all one-hundred and ninety Drama 101 kids! I think it went pretty well: I managed to stay within the time limit of 50 minutes and still got through all of the information I wanted to present. I think I went a little fast-- and not because of nerves (strangely, I wasn't that nervous) but because of the sheer amount of content-- but I'm hoping that I opened some minds at least a bit. I mean, at least it wasn't just the same old boring stuff. I got to tell them about audience behavior, playing conditions, and even got into some cool textual stuff, like how Romeo and Juliet's first meeting speech is a sonnet (cool, right?). I realized that I sort of favored the middle of the room, so for next time I'll work on playing to the back and sides, too. I think I will get to do this every quarter from now on. Exciting!

Plus, it being Halloween, I was dressed as a witch the whole time. :)

(Not the best picture ever, but you get the idea)

Then my afternoon seminar got canceled, so Kris and I had lunch, then I come home early! So with this spare time, I'm going to watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!... before starting on my reading.

(Picture of the Weird Sisters from The Scottish Play found here)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed giving your Shakespeare lecture and that it went well! Charlie Brown - well, you can't go wrong with that choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm very impressed at your public speaking skills, I would have been a quivering mess on the floor. I always liked having fun guest lecturers, so bonus points for dressing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that your general thoughts about improving your lecture are more acting notes than anything else. Play to the sides! Wish I could have heard it. I would have been sitting in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw you're adorable! And I'm so glad your first lecture went well!

    ReplyDelete