So, I've been talking to you all for awhile about a project that I've been working on, and how it involves paint. It's still a work in progress-- I have two panels and a top still to go, but-- a cabinet! I wanted a pretty table for my entry hall, because it's a considerably large space for an apartment, but the only things I could find were either ugly or $300+. So, I decided to make my own! Earlier, I had bought a nice wooden cabinet to act as my pantry for only $69.99, so I went back for a second cabinet for my entry table. But I didn't just want a plain wooden cabinet for my entry hall (though it looks lovely for a cabinet; it's a very pretty wood), so I decided to paint it!
I've mentioned my love of
Sticks painted furniture before; using their gorgeous furniture as inspiration, I began my own cabinet sprucing! Here are the finished cabinet doors:

But how did I make it? The picture progress below explains it all!
(Plain cabinet doors)
(A little measuring and some pencil lines create a pattern to follow!)
(The background took awhile to create, as it involved mixing green, blue, white and brown paint to make it look 'just so.' Luckily, working in acrylics makes mixing paints a fairly easy feat.)
(Can you see where I've drawn the image in pencil over the background colors?)
(Beginning to paint the image!)
(Painting the image also requires mixing paints, to give the look some depth)
(All painted! Now I just have to outline everything using my acrylic paint pens!)
(Ta-da! The final product!)Once I've completed the side panels, I'll show those to you, and soon I'll have a completely personalized, one-of-a-kind, completely hand-drawn and hand-painted entry table!
I love it! I can't believe you decorated it yourself! I'm so impressed.
ReplyDeleteWow, Abigail. Those look fantastic. Wish I had the artistic ability to do something like that. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteIt's so pretty! Seriously, I'm very impressed. When did you learn to do that?
ReplyDeleteThis is SO amazing!! I love it. So original and unique! I bet it brightens up the whole room
ReplyDeleteWell done, Absi. Well done.
ReplyDeleteAhh!! This is so good and creative and lovely! I'm jealous of your talent and a little sad because you are good at art... therefore we are not the same person. :( Although you're about to get a new laptop, which means we *are* the same person. So confusing!!
ReplyDelete