Then a few weeks ago (a month at this point?) my bloggie friend Laura Elizabeth mentioned watching Sherlock and I thought, "Oh yes, I need to do that." But then the road trip happened and setting up the apartment, but FINALLY last night I sat down and watched the first episode.

And it was so. incredibly. good. I didn't realize it was written by Steven Moffat, which was just a huge plus right there in the beginning. And so well-written, although I figured out the murderer in the first episode before Sherlock did. I did not figure out the 'how', though, until Sherlock went in and figured it out himself. Anyway, I just can't recommend this show highly enough. Super fun and fast-paced and creative.
I've also told Zan that he needs Sherlock suits. Mmm sexy :). Although, I think I might also have mentioned to him that a bow-tie and a Stetson à la Number 11 would be sexy, too. Or really, anything à la 10. David Tennant's Doctor dresses very well.
(Photo from here)
I think I will make my future boyfriend have a long coat. All my favourite male characters seem to wear them and I love how they flow almost like a cape :) Um... anyway... my imaginary boyfriend's wardrobe aside, LOVE that you finally managed to watch the show! It's so great. Love the bromance between the two. The guy playing Sherlock (whose name escapes me... it's something Dickensian and wonderful) is SOOOOO perfect. And Watson is perfect too.
ReplyDeleteNow, a word of warning. A lot of people don't like the second episode. I did but understand why they didn't. I didn't really like the 'crime' but I will pretty much watch those actors do anything. And then number 3 is back to perfection! So just, if you hate the 2nd episode, don't worry!
ohhh, that looks good! i'd love for your to guest post, btw. just send me an email at transitionismymiddlename@gmail.com and we'll get you started- so excited!
ReplyDeleteI've only seen the very last episode of the season, but it was AH-MAZ-ING. I definitely need to find the rest!
ReplyDelete