Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Calm

This week has been crazy busy and incredibly intense, partially because of the enforced rest of last week's snow days. I didn't get to bed before 12:30 AM all week, and was up at 7:30 almost every morning. Monday, I left the house at 8:45 and returned finally a little after 7:00, following two classes, one lecture for 101, coffee with a job candidate, and a meeting with the director of The Illusion. Then I had to put together a Twelfth Night lesson plan. Tuesday, I attended a research presentation, taught two sections, had seminar, came home and read French, wrote my precis for French, and planned my Shakespeare and the English Renaissance lecture. Wednesday I left the house at 8:45, had French, a TA meeting, gave my Shakespeare lecture to the the 101 class, Marxism, came home and read from The Banquet for two hours, responded to student e-mails, then planned my seminar presentation until 12:45 AM. Thursday, I taught two sections, had a seminar which tore out my soul, chewed it, spit it out, then stomped on it. Then I came home and broke down for two hours before going out for pizza and a root-beer float to cheer me up (I prefer ice cream to alcohol in these situations).

Finally, Friday. The sun is shining. I slept in. I went to 101 Lecture and read from The Orphan's Tales simply because I felt like it. I had lunch with a bunch of my cohort and got frozen yogurt with Lezlie. Tonight I'm going to grade things and take it easy. Tomorrow I'll start on my readings.

Hopefully, this will be a weekend of calm.

3 comments:

  1. Oy, what a week. Here's hoping that you are having a weekend of intense calm, as desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...wow. Are you kidding me right now? You're like superwoman...if superwoman was super smart, talented, AND stunning! I can't believe you're still going...good luck with the start of next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week does not sound fun. =( Make sure to eat really healthy (and then add ice cream at the end of the day. Or the middle. Or both.)

    I hope this week is relatively relaxing for you!

    ReplyDelete