Cake Envy has both regular-sized cupcakes, and mini-cupcakes-- the mini-cupcakes are where you get killed. They are so small and delectable looking, just two and a half bites each, and since it was before dinner my eyes were bigger than my stomach. I ended up with four mini-cupcakes, reasoning that four isn't so many really, and a cup of hot peppermint tea.
But I assure you the cupcakes and atmosphere in the shop were both perfect.
The other hard part about getting only one cupcake from Cake Envy is the variety of flavors. They have the usual-- vanilla with vanilla frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting, vanilla with chocolate frosting, etc. But they also have many other flavors, and they change day from day. The cupcakes I chose last night were (from top left to bottom right) Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Creme Brulee, Neapolitan Ice Cream, and Cookies 'N' Cream. Other tempting flavors included Mexican Chocolate, Carrot Cake, Brazilian Chocolate with Salted Caramel Frosting, and Lemon with Raspberry Frosting.
I couldn't finish all four of my mini-cupcakes at the shop (and still have room for an actually nutritious dinner), so I brought home the Neapolitan and the Creme Brulee and had them for breakfast this morning. Delicious!!!
So, fair warning, if you ever come visit me in Seattle we will probably go to Cake Envy.
(Cake Envy Store picture found here)
(No, Cake Envy didn't pay me to say this, they don't know me, and this isn't exactly great place for advertising as I'm fairly certain that only about 30 people even know this blog exists. I just really love cupcakes.)


Um, yes. Yes we will.
ReplyDeleteJust another reason to visit Seattle!! That sounds amazing. You definitely have way more willpower than me. I would have eaten ALL the cupcakes. But cupcakes for breakfast definitely sounds like a nice way to start the day :)
ReplyDeletegoodness me, this is amazing . . . makes me want to head out to seattle asap :)
ReplyDelete