But the best part was returning home to find flowers outside my door!!! Zan sent me a beautiful bouquet of roses and carnations in bright reds, yellows, and oranges! I was so happy I got all teared up and it was very humany-wumany as the Doctor would say.
Aren't they beautiful? So cheerful! So I put away the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree and put up the bright flowers in its place-- a small reminder that spring-- AND ZAN!-- is on its way.
Friday continued on an upswing. We had seminar to make up for missing it yesterday, which kind of sucked, but after seminar Liz and I went to Smith, the gastropub we visited before first quarter started. It's so wonderful to spend time with human beings, and I really enjoy hanging out with Liz. We sat at the bar and had cocktails-- mine was called Curtain Call (how appropriate), and I got a hamburger, macaroni and cheese, and best of all, Sticky Toffee Pudding! It tasted so incredibly British! Thank goodness I've found a place to get Sticky Toffee Pudding! It's what I crave most when I'm not near the UK. Next time I'll remember to take a picture of it before I devour it in a matter of minutes.
And today-- the grocery store! And reading!...in French? Hooray!
Sounds like a lovely (and tasty) couple of days. I'm glad you're all perked up again!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm really hungry now... and I just ate breakfast. =)
Flowers are gorgeous, as I'm sure is the sender! Super cute!!!! And I'm glad your week is looking up. 100% Light, remember!!!
ReplyDeleteI hate sticky toffee pudding. When we lived in the UK, my mum was trying to be English and she made me sticky toffee pudding and I've never been so sick in my life! I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with her baking but I literally can't touch the stuff. Even the smell makes me kind of gag.
Ooooh! Such pretty flowers. I love the red/orange colors. A good man that Zan is. Yep...that rhyme was super necessary.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are feeling better...it's sucks to be in a funk.
Um...that sticky toffee pudding sounds yummy. Mostly because of the sticky part...I love when caramel gets are chewy/sticky when it gets cold. Random usefull fact alert!