Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Panda Love

Zan arrived on Friday, reuniting our panda hats and panda hearts!

Pandas in Love

After multiple delays thanks to the giant freak snowstorm that hit the Pacific Northwest, he made it to our apartment late Friday night. We moved his car into the garage, unloaded some things, had a makeshift dinner of baked goat cheese, homemade pound cake cupcakes, and leftover chicken and rice. Then Saturday we looked around and realized that long-distance has officially ended! He's here! This is our apartment!

But school never ends. Yesterday we watched some films for my Marxist class, including Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator which I found immensely interesting, heartbreaking, and at times laugh out loud funny. I read French for a few hours, then the sun came out for the first time in weeks and I fell asleep in its warmth (at last!). Later, we went to Sonrisa for their Happy Hour margaritas, tacos, and quesadillas. This morning Zan built his desk, I wrote my precis for French, we bought groceries, and we tried out a restaurant called Crepe City for brunch-- we will be going back!!!

Seattle, though still rainy and cold, looks a little brighter today.

(Photo found here)

4 comments:

  1. Yum, you always go out to eat at really exciting places. I love hearing all about it. Or maybe it's because I have nothing to eat for breakfast except for Ritz crackers :(

    But more importantly, welcome Zan! Wait, why am I saying welcome, like I am there in Seattle too! Haha! I'm glad you've been reunited too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is such a happy post! I love it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are half as cute as those pandas, which is still about ten times as cute as most people will ever be. Yay for, as Kayface puts it, such a happy post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo hoooo!! So glad you guys are together! PS - those pandas are adorable and fluffy. Which are two awesome things. By the way, a bloggy friend of mine, you may read her blog (Amber Rose - Laughing with Broken Eyes) is looking for someone who speaks french because she will be teaching english I believe to French people. Do you mind if I give her your blog info?

    ReplyDelete