Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Liz Lemon Moment

Does anyone else watch 30 Rock compulsively? Well, today I had a total Liz Lemon moment. I was teaching section, and I was trying to explain about levels and stage pictures to my second section, before working on open-ended scenes. I turned around to write on the board. I'm happily talking and writing, when a student says, "You have a hole in your pants." Luckily, I had on a shirt that could be pulled over it, so I did, and half turned back to the class to say, "Well, that's embarrassing as shit" before continuing to teach. Didn't even break character, as it were. Got through the class fine.

Inspected the hole after class and it's HUGE. Thank God I had on (cute) underwear. I don't know how it happened-- it almost looks like someone cut it with scissors or sliced it with a knife. I think it happened due to the way the pocket is sewn into the seat of the pants. I'm not sure the damage is reparable either, because of the way the pocket is positioned and the make of the fabric. So, I'm hoping that that's the low-point of my teaching career, because really, it can't get too much worse than that (I hope). Makes a good story, at least?

The offending hole... stretches even bigger when the pants are worn! :-/

3 comments:

  1. It was such a good story that Kiki forgot her coffee in the Starbucks. So yes, it is a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been worse; at least you caught it before the pocket ripped off entirely!

    But seriously... hahahahaha. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! Thats so embarrassing but it makes a great story! Dont feel bad, I did the same thing last year in high school!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete