Merry Christmas Knickumknackums, or the day before the day before Christmas! I am happily ensconced in Virginia, enjoying my time on the superior coast (just kidding, I'm sure the West Coast is great if you get to do more than read/write/go to class and see more than the inside of your apartment and your bus route). Our Christmas tree is up and my beautiful cat is sleeping under it and enjoying his catnip Christmas present. The weather is fantastic, unseasonably warm. We're about to head to dinner at a tavern in Colonial Williamsburg-- hooray for impending peanut soup! And maybe rabbit stew! Yum.
The last week has been joyful; I spent three days in Disney World with Zan and my parents. We went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party where we had a dance party with Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye from the Toy Story movies, and got a gigantic chili-cheese dog, and Zan rode "It's a Small World" for the first time ever. Pictures are forthcoming, I promise (though we forgot to take a picture of the chili-cheese dog until after we had consumed it).
Then we returned to Williamsburg and within two hours my friend Mike had arrived on the train! Mike has a lovely new toy (which actually says on it "not a toy") called Shockball which you can read about on his blog, here. Zan, Mike, Megan, my mom and I all had dinner at La Tolteca, then we all (minus my mom) went for drinks at the Leafe with Megan and a couple of my friends from my masters program, Anna and Jeff. The next day we had lunch at the Cheese Shop and bought Christmas gifts in Merchant Square and took a walk down Duke of Gloucester Street and had custard at Retro's. Megan had a bit of passport drama with the post office not actually overnighting it from CA after she paid for it to be overnighted, but luckily it arrived in time for her to go on vacation with her family for Christmas (hooray!!!). Mike left today, and I spent the afternoon Christmas shopping with my mom and then reading Felicity's Surprise and ignoring the massive amounts of research/reading I need to do before the quarter starts again on January 3rd.
And tomorrow! Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas Knickumknackums everyone!
Felicity's Surprise is a delightful Christmas book. =)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I really hope you did not take pictures of the chili cheese dog after you had consumed it.
Merry Christmas Eve!